You Can Trust.
Stuart A. Rader
- Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Administration and Related Tax Matters
Stuart Rader’s practice concentrates in the areas of estate planning, probate and trust administration, taxation, charitable planning, and business succession planning. He is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell Lawyers Directory (the highest rating available by peers) and a Super Lawyer for 2012 through 2021. He has been a member of the Florida Bar since 1982. He is a Circuit Court Mediator certified by the Florida Supreme Court. He received his LL.M in Taxation from the University of Miami School of Law in 1994, his J.D. from the University of Toledo College of Law in 1982, and his B.A. from Indiana University in 1979.
Mr. Rader is a member of the board of directors of the JAFCO Children’s Foundation and serves as its president and the chair of its Investment Committee and Planned Giving Council. He was awarded the Jacob’s Ladder Award for Child Advocacy in February 2021. In 2014, Stuart co-chaired Leukemia Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk for South Palm Beach County. He served as president of the Boca Raton Tax Institute in 2009-2010 and as president of the Greater Boca Raton Estate Planning Council in 2005-2006. Stuart was the recipient of the 2009 Jurisprudence Award from the Anti-Defamation League. Mr. Rader also has served as co-chair to the south Florida chapter of the V Foundation for Cancer Research.
Stuart has lectured to professional groups on estate planning and administration matters and has written and published articles on these topics.
- University of Miami School of Law – 1994 Coral Gables, Florida
- LL.M. Taxation
- University of Toledo College of Law – 1982 Toledo, Ohio
- Indiana University – 1979 Bloomington, Indiana
- Political Science
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida,1983
- U.S. Tax Court
- Requests to IRS for Statements of Value of Art; Rev. Proc. 96-15 Assist Art Collector in Tax Planning, ABA Tax Section Newsletter, Spring, 1996
- The Importance of GST Exemption Allocations on Gift Tax Returns for Lifetime Transfers to Trusts, American Bar Association Tax Section Newsletter, Winter, 2001
- Supplement Your Retirement Plan with a Net Income Make-Up Charitable Remainder Trust, he Heritage, Boca Raton Community Hospital Foundation Newsletter, March, 2003
- Jurisprudence Award by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), South Palm Beach County, 2009
- Honored by JAFCO (Jewish Adoption and Foster Care Options) along with his wife Gayle, 2004
- AV Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell* since 2001
- Super Lawyer by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine since 2011
- Jacob's Ladder Award for Child Advocacy, Jewish Adoption & Foster Care Options, Inc., 2011
Classes & Seminars
- GST Exemption Allocations on Gift Tax Returns, FL. Institute of CPAs, Atlantic Chapter, 2000
- Net-Income Charitable Remainder Trusts, Boca Raton Community Hospital Foundation, 2003
- Ethics for Elder Law Practice, Fl. Bar Elder Law Section, 2006
- Mediation Issues in Elder Law, Mediation Training Group, 2016
- Mediation Issues in Elder Law, Mediation Training Group, 2017
- Lecturer, Estate Planning
- JAFCO Foundation, Board Member, current President, and Chair of Planned Giving Council since 2005
- JEWISH ADOPTION & FOSTER CARE OPTIONS, INC (donate legal services to this 501(c)(3) organization, 2000 to 2021
- V Foundation for Cancer Research, Co-chair South Florida chapter, 2015 to 2021
- CPA Law Forum of Boca Raton, Advisory Board President,1992
- Florida Bar Association, Member, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Florida Bar Association, Member, Taxation, and Real Property Law Sections
- Florida Bar Association,member,1982
- South Palm Beach Bar Association, Member, Probate and Practice Committee
- Boca Raton Tax Institute, Former President,2009 to 2010
- Served on Planned Giving Committees for Charitable Organizations
- Greater Boca Raton Estate Planning Council, Member and former President,2005 to 2006
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.